Are you tired of making the same smoothie every day? Looking to switch up your smoothie routine? Here’s a delicious smoothie recipe that is good enough to eat with a spoon! This Berry-Banana smoothie bowl contains protein and antioxidants and is sweet enough that even the kids will enjoy (and will not even know that there is spinach in here). All the sugar in this recipe is naturally occurring sugar from the fruits. This kid-friendly recipe was originally created for a collaboration project with Sonsuh Educational Supplies.
This is a vegan / plant-based smoothie and is great for anyone with a gluten sensitivity, celiac disease, a dairy allergy or dairy sensitivity or just find you cannot tolerate gluten or dairy. The protein powder is plant-based and contains no pea protein. The protein sources are fermented brown rice, quinoa, and coconut which makes it less gritty and one of my favourite types of protein powders as it blends well too.
A great smoothie combination should contain at least 2-3 fruits (berries and one other fruit), some greens, some form of protein, a type of milk, and then any superfoods you want to add.
Ingredients (1 serving):
- 1/2 scoop Botanica Vanilla Perfect Protein powder*
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tbsp PC frozen raspberries, no sugar added
- 1 banana
- 1/2-3/4 cup Silk unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup fresh spinach leaves
- Unsweetened coconut flakes, extra blueberries for topping
*Smoothie recipe is not sponsored by Botanica Health. Botanica protein powder should be available at most health food stores.
- Add all the ingredients, except the coconut flakes, into a blender and blend until smooth and no chunks remain
- Pour smoothie into a bowl.
- Add coconut flakes, extra blueberries, and any other fruit/seeds/nuts toppings you would like.
Nutrition Facts: 302kcal | 12.8g Protein | 7.6g Fat | 0g Trans Fats | 0g Cholesterol | 50.2g Total Carbohydrates | 10.5g (42%) Fibre | 25.6g sugar (mostly from the banana) | 22% Iron | 37% Calcium | 52% Vitamin A | 38% Vitamin C | 94% Vitamin B12 | 40% Vitamin B6 | 13% Folate | 24% Copper | 56% Manganese | small amounts of other vitamins and minerals are also present.
If you are curious to know whether you have a food sensitivity or find that certain foods are intolerable to you or your children, even after normal allergy skin testing results, come in for an assessment so we can determine what is going on. Food sensitivity testing is also available.